Curriculum Enrichment: (definition) – The process of selectively modifying a curriculum by adding educational content or new learning opportunities.
Ask your student what some of the highlights of their year are, and you are likely to hear about the grade level festivals, field day, the performances at school meeting, making dream catchers, building tipi’s, or spending a day creating art with illustrator and artist Giles Laroche. These all sound like wonderful activities taken on their own, but when you take into account that all of these programs are being offered as enhancements of the curriculum students are already experiencing, you begin to see part of what makes Haynes such a special place to be a student.
What’s more, all of these events and more are organized and funded by HOP. When you support HOP fundraising you support each grade, each class and each child at Haynes.
To make this possible for the 2016-2017 school year we have a fundraising goal of $45,000.
We need your help to get there.
So what does this money fund specifically? HOP funds projects and events, large and small throughout the school and throughout the year such as:
- All Cultural Arts and Science Enrichment Programming
- All Festivals (Chicken, Japan, Mexico, Colonial, 4th Grade Chorus Concert, and 5th Grade Science Investigations)
- Community events (community picnic, roller kingdom spring outing)
- Field Day (including t-shirts for every child, teacher and aid)
- Craft Centers
- Professional Development for our Teachers, plus “start-up” funding for all classrooms each year.
Any funds we raise above and beyond this amount provide funding for technology and other “big ticket” items at Haynes. In the past these items have included:
- Playground Equipment – The “Spider,” the Spring Ring bouncer, the OmniSpinner, and the monkey bars on the main playground, as well as swings and monkey bars on the kindergarten playground
- Mr. I’s rock climbing wall
- Updating clasroom technologies such as new ActivBoards, Chromebooks, Ipads, BrightLink Projectors
- Literacy Materials, including books and magazine subscriptions
- Cafeteria projector and audio system
- Standing desks
While these are just some examples of what HOP funds have provided, we think you’ll agree that HOP provides the funding for some of the things that make Haynes such a special place.
In order to meet our fundraising goal of $45,000 for the 2016-2017 school year, we need help from our whole Haynes community! How can you help? We urge all parents and friends of Haynes to participate in at least one of our fun-tastic fundraising programs and events.
Schedule of Fundraising Events:
- The Haynes Auction (November 19, 2016 at Wedgewood Pines Country Club) The biggest fundraiser of the year, it’s a great fun-filled adults only evening that has something for everyone.
- The Fall Book Fair – The week of November 28, 2016
- Bingo Night – Scheduled for March 3, 2017
- Square One Art! – March 2017
Ongoing Fundraisers that support HOP’s programs at Haynes:
- Notepads/Directories and Magnets (LINK to Purchase)
- Stop and Shop A+ Rewards Program (LINK)
- Amazon Smile (LINK) – Every time you shop on amazon using the amazon.com/smile website, a portion of your purchase benefits the charity of your choice, just select “Haynes Organization of Parents” from the drop down menu.
- BOX TOPS – Clip box tops off participating products and send them in to school. We receive $.10 for each box top, which adds up quickly. Last year we raised over $1000 in box tops.
Lastly, you can give anytime using our easy DONATE button on the HOP website! By supporting HOP, you help make Haynes a very special place for all of our children.
As your Fundraising Co-Chairs, we would like to extend our very sincere thanks in advance for your support in our ongoing fundraising efforts. Together, we can make this the best year ever at Haynes!