Spring Book Fair will be held May 16th to 20th!
The Spring Book Fair will run from May 16th to 20th, with all purchases supporting our wonderful Haynes Library!
Students will visit during their regularly scheduled library times next week. Please sign up to help make this spring’s book fair as successful as possible: Spring Book Fair Volunteer Sign Up
Volunteers help students make their selections and purchase books, as well as fill out wish lists, thank you in advance for helping out!
Be sure to set up your child’s eWallet for an easy and secure way to shop the book fair — you can do so at Haynes Book Fair Homepage.
One of the great things about an eWallet is that your child can shop independently and you can send it to extended family to help support your student and school!
Students may use cash or eWallet to buy books. Parents/Guardians can use cash, credit card, check and eWallet.
Any questions, please email Abby Frantz firstname.lastname@example.org or LeeAnne Booth email@example.com
Volunteer for Field Day on Friday, May 27th!
This is an annual favorite with kids and grown ups alike, as adult volunteers help our students rotate through a series of fun game stations located on the field and in the gym!
Field Day Sign Up (K to 2nd Grades)
Unless otherwise noted, all volunteers should plan to arrive between 8-8:10 for 8:25 opening ceremony
Field Day Sign Up (3rd to 5th Grades)
Unless otherwise noted, all volunteers should plan to arrive between 11:15-11:25 for 11:40 opening ceremony
HOP hosts several fundraising events throughout the school year and sponsors multiple programs that are made possible through these fundraisers. Annual fundraisers include:
- Back to School Night (September 28 and 29, 2021 – virtual, scheduled by grades) is a wonderful opportunity to meet your child’s teacher(s), hear about what your child will be learning this year, visit the specialists’ classrooms and stock up on the beginning of the school year supplies like directories, notepads and car magnets.
- Haynes Auction (May 14, 2022) is the largest fundraiser of the year. It is an adult-only evening that begins with cocktails and a silent auction followed by dinner, live auction and dancing.
- Fall Book Fair (November/December) runs for one week. Students will visit the book fair and put together a wish list during their class library time. Parents are invited to attend. This is a wonderful opportunity to purchase holiday gifts and classroom/teacher gifts.
- Bingo Night (late February) is an evening for parents and children to play bingo and win raffle prizes.
The generosity of the Haynes community at these fundraisers and others allows HOP to sponsor many cultural and science enrichment, as well as curriculum-based programs.
- Grade Level Festivals are curriculum celebrations. Each grade participates in a festival (or in the case of the 4th graders, a curriculum concert) related to an area of study they have completed during the school year.
- Science Enrichment – these are science-based programs that augment the grade-level science curriculum. We strive to give the children hands on experience that allow them to further explore concepts taught in the classrooms.
- Cultural Arts and All-School Performances – the goal of these programs is to expose the students to a diversity of Fine Arts experiences including theater, music, writing, visual arts and dance.
- Science Fair – voluntary for students in grades K through 5. Students can work alone or collaborate with a partner(s). Scientific Reviewers will have questions for the scientists and ask them to discuss their discoveries.
The Haynes 5th graders host three fundraisers throughout the year. The funds they raise goes toward their end-of-year celebration and moving on (“graduation”) ceremony.
- Movie Night (likely scheduled during Fall Book Fair) is an evening for the entire family. Students and their families are invited to the auditorium or outdoor venue where they are able to purchase popcorn and snacks and view a family-themed movie.
- School Store (January-early February) is a student-run store selling inexpensive school supplies and novelty gifts. The store is open on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 8:45-9:05. Each class has multiple opportunities to visit the store throughout the weeks it is open.
- Car Wash and Bake Sale (mid-May) – the fifth graders encourage everyone to bring their cars to the Haynes parking lot for a wash. You can purchase a snack while you’re waiting.