HOP hosts several fundraising events throughout the school year and sponsors multiple programs that are made possible through these fundraisers. Annual fundraisers include:
- Back to School Night: meet your student’s teacher, learn about the curriculum for the year, visit the specialists’ classrooms, meet new families, and catch up with friends. Make sure to get your Haynes car magnet!
- Auction (November 2023): the Auction is our school’s largest fundraiser of the year! It is an adult-only night out complete with dinner, bidding on great items, and dancing.
- Scholastic Book Fair (November/December) runs for one week. Students will visit the book fair and put together a wish list during their class library time. Parents are invited to attend. This is a great opportunity to purchase gifts. THERE IS NO PRESSURE TO BUY.
- Bingo Night (Spring) is an evening for parents and children to play bingo and win raffle prizes.
The generosity of the Haynes community at these fundraisers and others allows HOP to sponsor many cultural and science enrichment, as well as curriculum-based programs.
- Science Enrichment – science-based workshops and programs augment the grade-level science curriculum. We strive to offer a hands-on experience to further explore concepts taught in the classrooms.
- Cultural Arts and All-School Performances – the goal of these programs is to expose students to a diversity of experiences including various cultures, theater, music, writing, visual arts and dance.
The Haynes 5th graders host three fundraisers throughout the year. The funds they raise goes toward their end-of-year celebration and moving on (“graduation”) ceremony.
- Movie Night is an evening for the entire family. Students and families are invited to the auditorium (or outdoor venue) where they are able to purchase popcorn and snacks and view a family-themed movie.
- School Store (January-early February) is a student-run store selling inexpensive school supplies and novelty gifts. The store is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Each class has multiple opportunities to visit the store throughout the weeks it is open. THERE IS NO PRESSURE TO BUY ANYTHING.
- Car Wash and Bake Sale (mid-May) – cruise over to the Haynes parking lot and get your car sparkling clean! Purchase a snack while you’re waiting.